God - A True Narcissist

The Bible encourages us to speak to God.


God wants us to tell him everything, every detail. 


I'm not going to ask why, but I'm under the suspicion it's really not God, who wants to know. He should know already! Hello! He is God! For crying out loud.


God, A true narcissist! 


He wants to hear you say, "I love you God, and I worship you." A true narcissist.

To pray. Confess those little dirty secrets.  

We know what he doesn't want to listen to! 

He doesn't want to hear repeated, memorized prayers. Check out Matthew 6:7  He doesn't want a bunch of hypocrites, going to Church on Sundays. Pretending to be, "believers". He wants someone who will go into his bedroom alone and pray, out of sight of others. In private. On their own time.

He also doesn't like prayers from people who break his laws. An example would be when God refused to listen to Israelites who were guilty of murder.  Isaiah 1:15  "When you spread your hands out in prayer, I will hide my eyes from you, even if you offer many prayers. I will not listen. Your hands are full of blood."

Does God not listen, then? I was under the impression if you confessed your sins before you die, he would forgive you.

Does that not still hold up?

First, you must be totally convinced that God does exist. You have to have faith or he won't listen to you. It's that simple.  
James 1:5, 6.

"Because he who doubts is like a wave in the sea, blown and tossed by the wind."


In this day and age, who in there right mind doesn't have doubts about the existence of God?

Because Jesus was said to pray humbly and sincerely. We are talking, the son of God, here. God's own son, had to pray humbly. I don't see why, he was God's son, after all. Jesus could have had the world at his finger tips, all he had to do was ask his so-called father, God for it!  What happened to: "ask and ye shall receive?"

Now, because of Jesus's actions, we have to pray humbly too! Case closed. No if's, and's, or but's.

Religion "ain't gonna" change, so I guess, a lot of prayers are not going to be answered tonight!


God, a true narcissist!


Now HOPE, that's another story. Hope is a good alternative to praying as in...

You always hear old people praying for a win in the lottery. I should change my strategy and start to HOPE because praying has got me nothing thus far.

As you can tell. I'm not convinced, eh?
















No comments: