The struggle between good and evil. A hero and a villain. Look into the Bible's book of Revelation, Chapter 13, there is a protagonist, GOD and the antagonist, Satan? Jesus and the Beast. The Antichrist, Mahdi the redeemer of Islam unfolds the greatest saga in all human history.
For over 2000 years we have been anticipating and speculating on his arrival. We believe the age of the Antichrist is imminent if not already here.
Remember Jeane Dixon, a popular psychic from the 60's. I'd read her column everyday when I was growing up. She claimed the Antichrist would arrive on Earth, being born on February 5, 1962 in the middle east, calling him the 'Child of the East.' He would be a direct descendant of Queen Nefertiti and the pharaoh Ikhnaton. We would feel his presence by the 80's and he would take power in 1999. He was a no show, and if he does eventually show he'll be nearing 60 years of age, well past his prime to be taking over the world, not like a young vibrant, charismatic Jesus.
Everyone got it wrong from Nostradamus, to Jack Van Impe who still warns us today more determined than ever about the second coming.
The whole concept of an Antichrist or Apocalypse was written by Saint John the Apostle while a prisoner. This is it:
"And I saw a beast coming up out of the sea. He had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on his horns, and on each head a blasphemous name. The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority. One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast. Men worshipped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshipped the beast and asked, Who is the beast? Who can make war against him?" Revelation 13: 1-4
Biblical scholars agree that the Beast was Caesar Neron (Nero) because the characters in his name make up the mark of the beast 666. Others disagree. Some say Hitler, some say Stalin.
Here's a list of the possible candidates for the position of Antichrist. They never made it.
American Presidents thought to be the Antichrist at some time:
1. Former American peanut farmer Jimmy Carter, whose signing of the Camp David Accords in 1986 was supposedly the commencement of the seven-year countdown to Armageddon.
2. The great communicator, Ronald Reagan since he had six letters in each of his names. Ronald Wilson Reagan, 666.
3. George Bush and his son George Jr. both contenders.
4. Bill Clinton, a go-between Prime Minister Shimon Peres and Yasser Arafat. In Hebrew, Clinton's name equalled 666.
5. Barack Hussein Obama, 18 letters 6+6+6=18. From a nobody to leader of a country. How did that happen? He cannot be ruled out.
Others that were thought to be the Antichrist:
1. The Prince of Wales, Prince Charles from the Royal Family. Now, too old.
2. Juan Carlos the King of Spain. Daniel 7:23-25 "A prince will come." Didn't happen.
3. Russia's, Prime Minister, Vladimir Putin, for the time being wins the race for the position of Antichrist. He acts the part. But... the Antichrist is supposed to rise from the sea not the KGB.
4. The billionaire George Soros. Money talks, but as an Antichrist he fails, he gives too much money away for good causes, something the Antichrist would never do.
5. The Vatican's Pope. Either, Benedict XVI or Francis, your choice. A wolf in sheep's clothing.
6. In Asia, it was the self-declared Antichrist, Reverend Sun Myung Moon.
7. Some thought it was, Saddam Hussein from Iraq, others believe it is President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad from Iran, some others believed it was Bin Laden from Pakistan.
The Antichrist is not Human. But a fallen angel.
There is the unknown, a fallen angel. The Mahdi, man/woman/creature who lives without law and will cause many a hardship.
Since the 50's there has been much anticipation surrounding the arrival of the Antichrist. There has been a lot of debate and writings about the event and that we will recognize him, without a doubt, even before his true identity is revealed.
It is doubtful whether any of these men are the Antichrist, he will have prove himself to be more powerful than any man to date, except for Jesus himself.
My advice. It is doubtful a false messiah could, fool all of the people all of the time. He's going to have to be a very special person, a special numbered person indeed, if human at all, and go by the numbers 666. We will all know him when he stands up and takes a step forward.
*If you like my blogs check out my book "ONE TWO ONE TWO a ghost story, on sale at Amazon only $2.99 on Kindle or read it for free join Amazon Prime