Meeting Sasquatches While Camping

Demonically Possessed — What Are You Really Afraid Of?






To be afraid of your own inner demons is just a normal rational reaction to our fears of the possibility that we all might actually possess, an inner demon.  



May I quote Carl Jung, written in "On the Psychology of the Unconscious;


"It is a frightening thought that man also has a shadow side to him, consisting not just of little weaknesses and foibles, but of a positively demonic dynamism... Let these harmless creatures form a mass, and there emerges a raging monster."




What is so scary about being possessed?




1.  It's unfamiliar. Before the movie "The Exorcist" came out, I never heard of such a thing. A person being possessed by what, a demon? I always believed people were crazy, never hearing that people actually did get possessed. Before becoming the mainstream topic, the picture of Regan during one of her attacks in the movie was front page-worthy, in every magazine, on every television screen. I and millions became alarmed, but the more people became accustomed to such a thing, the unfamiliarity of it disappeared. It's almost laughable now.



2.  Nothing scares a person more than the unseen. The director knew that. How many times did we look up that staircase, not knowing what to expect? I remember not wanting to look, but couldn't resist, as I sat on the edge of my seat, my heart pumping, ready to scream, every time the bedroom door opened, not knowing what to expect. 



3. Everything I understood as reality was thrown out the window. Objects that can move by themselves, heads can be twisted in circles, I never knew things could do that, until I read about it. Now, to me it's as silly as Mike the Headless Chicken, or Chucky, the fictional doll that comes to life. Some people swear that story isn't silly anymore. What about, Mandy?



4.  Losing it! Things to be so out of control that you're afraid you won't be able to stop them, or at least slow things down. I'm afraid of things like that. I remember standing up in the audience, yelling. "Don't go up the stairs," then screaming like a girl. All eyes turned my way. Yikes! Everyone in the audience looked possessed, I was losing it!



5.  I was so afraid they were making a mistake to go up those stairs, I knew what was awaiting them if they did. I'm sure others felt the same. I think I yelled it out again. "Don't go up the stairs," then someone in the audience fainted. I knew it was going to be a big mistake going up the stairs and someone was going to die. I just knew it!




I still think of that movie and watch it now and then, just to remind myself of what mass hysteria can do to a persons thoughts when faced with the unfamiliar, the unseen, things that are not understood, losing it and when we're afraid to make mistakes. We go crazy.





These are our inner demons. We can laugh at them now, but not back in 1973, when the movie came out. Not everyone at the time knew what "Demonic Possession" really was.


Now we know what demonic possession is all about, and it's not that scary. What are you really afraid of?





*If you like my blogs check out my book "ONE TWO ONE TWO a ghost story, on sale at Amazon only $2.99 on Kindle  or read it for free join Amazon Prime



Dog Brindle




Related Blogs:











No comments:

What's Trending Right Now