Sirhan Sirhan, remember him, the Palestinian Militant who killed Robert F. Kennedy? Well, a lot of people believe he was a Manchurian Candidate, either programmed by the CIA or some other organization. How about Mark David Chapman who shot John Lennon? Or, how about James Earl Ray, who assassinated Martin Luther King. A lot of people believe they were Manchurian Candidates also.
For anyone who doesn't know what a Manchurian Candidate is, here's an explanation:
For decades the CIA and other organizations have been using hypnosis to compel unsuspecting agents to commit crimes which they would normally never do, such as killing a person. The American government spent huge sums of money back in the 40's, 50's and 60's in research (MK ULTRA program) dealing with brainwashing, mind control, interrogation, and behaviour modification. Some people believe they were successful in their endeavors. All records of this program have been mysteriously destroyed.
The MK ULTRA program with its roots in Nazi Germany had directives to test:
- drugs that promote illogical thinking
- drugs that increase mental activity and perception
- drugs that promote intoxication and counteract the effects of alcohol
- drugs that imitate diseases
- the limits of hypnosis
- the limits of torture, brain-washing, confusion, electric shock and privation
- drugs that produce amnesia
- drugs to render a person physically disabled, paralysis
- drugs that produce euphoria
- drugs to slow emotions, and work efficiency
- drugs that will temporarily deafen or blind a person
- a knock-out pill, or better known today as the "Date Rape Drug"
LSD and Other Drugs
Civilians, prisoners, the armed forces they were all guinea pigs. The wide range of drugs that were used during testing were mescaline, marijuana, heroin, morphine, alcohol, psilocybin, scopolamine, sodium pentothal but nothing beat LSD. They used it extensively with or without a persons consent.
Sometimes turning a whole prison, a complete hospital or reformatory into one big LSD party, just to study their reactions, some came down with serious psychological problems years later, depression, suicide and epilepsy.
There are no Manchurian Candidates today, MK ULTRA was believed to be dismantled in the 70's after being exposed.
Or is it still in existence and operating under another name.