Perfect Humans

Ain't it Funny, How Time Slips Away?





I remember when time seemed to be standing still for me. You've probably experienced the same thing.



(please play while reading, turn sound up)


I was young then. Time doesn't anymore. It's moving quicker than I had ever imagined it would.

Remember those long afternoons waiting to hear the school bell ring. To be let out of class. To be free. The big round school house clock at the front of the class, its second hand ticking away, ever so slowly. 

Remember when school would never end, going through winter waiting for spring, then summer. That was the longest wait, summer. When summer did come we were so bored we couldn't wait for school to start again in the fall.

We couldn't wait for Christmas, Easter, Halloween. They couldn't come fast enough. Birthdays even came so slow. I don't know how many times I've threatened, 


"When I grow up I'm gonna..." 


By the time I did grow up, I'd forgotten what it was I had threatened.

Ain't it funny, how time slips away?


Dog Brindle





No comments:

Spirit World