Sex in your old age is not just about intercourse anymore... it's about emotional, sensory and relationship pleasures. Intercourse is not the only way to have sex, don't forget touching, kissing.
Of course sex between a 75 or 85 may not be like it was when you were 20 or 30. Older people are more self-confident and self-aware compared to their counter parts and are wiser concerning their partners needs. When you're that age, you have more time to relax and get into the mood.
When I look in a mirror at myself naked, and I'm only 63, I see an older man. I worry what others will think now, let alone when I'm 85. I'm worried about my body image, my performance. Then I remember when I was 20. I didn't like my body image back then either, and I'm sure a lot of you feel the same.
I know sex will or should increase my lifespan and could improve my mental health, burn fat, release endorphins in my brain, and reduce my anxiety.
This is what they tell you to do, if you find being intimate difficult;
- Be playful, tease, tickle, use humour. It will lighten the mood. Use foreplay.
- Be honest, which fosters trust and relaxation, surprisingly it can be very attractive.
- Be inventive, experiment and discuss new things with your partner.
- Lose those inhibitions, forget what you've been taught when you were younger, you are a completely new person now.
- Don't rush, stretch the experience to the limits. Don't be shy. Touch and encourage others to touch you back but most of all, relax.
If you lose your desire for intimacy and touch entirely, then that might mean something else wrong. Get checked out!
Hopefully, nothing a bottle of Viagra won't cure.