Meeting Sasquatches While Camping

Rockaway - A novel - by Tara Ison


Poor, poor Sarah, an artist running away to the seaside to paint a picture.

Or was that an excuse to get away, to reinvent herself. 

Of course it was well written, but the plot left me, a little murky, what happened, that wasn't fully explained, I would have liked more background detail with the plot, when the main character couldn't have been more real to me. I understood her, I felt her pain. 

The ending left me miffed. Is that it! After that build up. My pace maker almost overloaded. I was left out in the cold in just the last few pages. 

What happened?

I'm with a lot of other people. I should go back and read it in ten years. See if I feel the same way.

Oh, what the hell. I give it five stars. *****  

I loved it.

Dog Brindle






Product Details



About the Author

Biography

Tara Ison is the author of the novels THE LIST, A CHILD OUT OF ALCATRAZ, a Finalist for The Los Angeles Times Book Prize, and ROCKAWAY, which was featured in O, the Oprah Magazine, as one of the "Best Books of Summer" in July 2013. Her forthcoming books are REELING THROUGH LIFE, a collection of essays, and BALL, a short story collection. Her short fiction, essays, poetry and book reviews have appeared in numerous journals, magazines, newspapers and anthologies. She is also the co-writer of the cult film Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead. 



Like most of the books I read, this one came from the Surrey Public Library. On the shelf Books We Liked

*This review has been, posted on:
          AmazonGoogle Books, and Goodreads



No comments:

What's Trending Right Now