Perfect Humans

I Suggested Writing About Not Having Anything To Write About!


I was reading my blog buddies blog the other day. Life 101 - From the Heart of Alabama by Rick Watson about his rural life in a small town in Northern Alabama, USA . 




He has written a couple of books, Remembering Big -  Ponderings & Reflections of a Sloss Holler Scholar and Life Happens - Enjoy the Ride. Great reads. 

He was going through a dry spell and was having an experience with the dreaded syndrome, Writers Block

I suggested he write about not having anything to write about. Which got me thinking...

What could you write about when you can't think of anything to write about?


I have a secret which I use all the time. Say you are facing a blank white screen, sitting there thinking of what to write. Can anyone relate?

... and you can't think of a darn thing.

This is my secret and if you ever get writers block try this...  Write a Word. Any Word. Use it temporarily as a title. Take the word praise.

Praise

Do you see where I'm going here? 

I could go on and on about Praise because that's what this blog is all about. Looking for the best in my fellow man.


Dog Brindle







2 comments:

Rick Watson said...

Hey Michael, thanks for the shout out. I can usually think of something, but there are times I draw a blank.
Some people when faced with this, they simply don't post, but I'm on a roll and I write every night unless some natural or manmade snafu keeps me from it.
I've missed less than 10 days since December of 2005.
I think your idea of writing about praise is a sound one and if you don't mind, I'll try it next time.
Rick

Michael Estey said...

I've received tons of replies from different communities. All positive. Thanks Rick. Glad you two made it back safely from your "out west" vacation. I've done that trip myself. Even had a Grizzly bear roam our camp site at night. I'll never forget. Wyoming is nice. Big country. Anyway glad your back, keep a bloggin' mike

Spirit World