Out-Of-Body Experience

The "Continuing-of-Life-Experience"... After Death.




I hesitate to believe anyone who claims to have had an "After-Life-Experience" or "Near-Death-Experience," after being declared clinically dead.  

We've all read about people telling of their experiences under anesthesia, as being a huge void, an abyss, a black hole, a nothingness. Some even tell of having an "Out-of-body Experience," levitating up out of their bodies to the ceiling and watching themselves. Questionable! Floating through a tunnel, aiming for a white light, there's always a reference to a white light. God inviting you enter. Questionable! Or the opposite going to hell, seeing suffering, torment , etc. The devil, questionable!

Much like it was before you were born, they say, which is also questionable. All these experiences are questionable.

It has even be measured. Scientists at the death lab, have noticed a slight decrease in weight as soon as death occurs.  Ummm... I wonder how that is accomplished. Do people lay on a scale somewhere, waiting for death to arrive? Do they turn to the death scientist and say, "I think I'm going now, go get the scale!" Where is this lab?

If you believe a person could be aware of an after life? Then it couldn't be an "After-Life-Experience" but the existence of life still continuing after the soul leaves the physical body.  

We shouldn't be calling these events as "Near-Death-Experiences." Maybe, a better title would be 


"The Continuing-of-Life-Experience."


Dog Brindle



2 comments:

Rea de Miranda said...

I died in a car accident and I don't even remember driving the car or anything that happened before or after it. Perhaps I wasn't supposed to remember it because it was so heavenly or hellish?

Martin Rice said...

I'm like you, Mike, I just don't believe all of those out of body experiences. Interestingly enough, when I was in my early teens my mother, who was plagued with heart disease all her life, was in the hospital when her heart stopped beating. Getting her back to life was a wild procedure about 55 years ago.

Anyway, she then came up with the whole out of body bit. The typical rising up and looking down at herself from above while the doctors worked on her.

Just the fact that almost all of them say the same thing makes me think that it's some kind of illusion. And they're conditioned, I think, by the fact that they've heard the same description so many times, as have all of us.

On the other hand, what I do think is that there's some sort of feeling we have just as we lose consciousness, the same way we have that strange feeling of shutting down when we lose consciousness -- I've experienced that -- that is probably what these folks imagine to be as their out of body experience.

Spirit World