Meeting Sasquatches While Camping

Chore #1 Cleaning My Oven


I couldn't put it off any longer...

I thought I'd tackle the oven today. Something different just to get away from the computer for awhile. 


Dog, letting his hair down, high on oven cleaner fumes scrubbing like a mad man.


I was sick and tired of the smoke detector, going off every time I turned the oven on. So putting up with the fumes and the hours of scrubbing paid off. Why didn't I spend the extra bucks and buy a self-cleaning stove?

I'll remember that the next time 
I buy a stove, which maybe never!


This is the oven after, 
I've learnt my lesson, stop procrastinating and keep it clean regularly. 

I'm just not good at housework!

Dog Brindle



6 comments:

Laurie M said...

no need for a new oven. line the bottom of the oven with aluminum foil. If anything spills over it will go on to the foil and you can toss it out after your meal is done. also if anything spills over and it is causing smoke pour a good helping of salt on it. this will soak up any grease or oil.

wenlaine said...

You're more than welcome to come and clean mine. Yours looks great.

A Long said...

Fantastic! Just put these images on craigslist and you will get rich at your new calling in no time Dog!

Michael Estey said...

Thanks for the tips...

Michael Estey said...

lol, yours is probably spotless.

Michael Estey said...

Mike the Molly Jolly Maid.

What's Trending Right Now