Meeting Sasquatches While Camping

Epiphanies - Have you had one "lately"? Have you "ever" had one?



"Have you had one, lately?"

If you don't know what an epiphany is and honestly, I myself didn't, until now! I've heard it used in many a conversation and I always thought an epiphany was a rude awakening. I found out I wasn't too far off, half-right. 

I decided to look it up. An epiphany: I pulled out my trusty bible, The Tormont Webster's Illustrated Encyclopedic Dictionary. My loyal and trusted friend over the years.


  • The manifestation of Christ to the Gentiles as represented by the Magi (Matthew 2:1—1,2) 
  • The festival commemorating this manifestation 
  • A manifestation of a divine or supernatural being.
  • A moment of sudden revelation or insight.



What the hell!


There it was! "A moment of sudden revelation or insight."

But what was that other stuff? A manifestation of Christ, I had to look that up in the bible. I pulled out my New International Version of the New Testament. Dusted it off! Turned to This is what I found. Trust me, I don't want to sound religious. So I'll make it short.

"The Visit of the Magi" During the time of King Herod, Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea. Magi went to meet this baby following the stars. When he got to Jerusalem he asked, "Where is this baby, crowned King of the Jews. I have come to worship him."

King Herod secretly heard about it and ordered his men to find this baby, King of the Jews, so he too could worship him. He was secretly plotting to kill the baby. Magi warned Mary and Joseph to return to their country, or the King will kill him, he had an epiphany that manifested itself in one of his dreams, of what the king would do. So, the baby Jesus was secretly taken away, out the back door to safety, before the King could get him.  


End of Story.


A fore-warning, a sense of what's to come. A feeling so strong and sudden that it feels divine. 

That's what an epiphany is. To me, an epiphany is something more paranormal than religious.

Any thoughts?


"Have you ever, had one?"




Dog Brindle



No comments:

What's Trending Right Now