Out-Of-Body Experience

The Pen Friend - written by Ciaran Carson - A Book Review





written by Ciaran Carson



This is the first book I've ever read that had a blue marker ribbon.  What a surprise, every book should have one.


Besides this little added tid-bit of ingenuity, the book The Pen Friend written by Ciaran Carson was a delight to read.  

In the story Gabriel Conway receives a letter from his ex. A post card.

He sits down to write her back. Once past the first chapter you realize this guy is anal. A detailist!  A collector of fine things as you will see. 

I have had some experience with fountain pens myself so I can relate, once owning an antique store.  I know there is much more to a fountain pen than meets the eye.  At one time a very collectable item and probably still is. A pen collector the most die hard of all collectors, right up there with stamp and coin collecting. 

The book gets a little tiring with so much minute detail, you will need that blue ribbon page marker. Reading a double page a sitting is all I could muster. That blue ribbon had it's workout.


I give this book five stars,  if it were any longer maybe I'd drop it to four.


*****


Dog Brindle



For a complete bio of Ciaran Carson, check out the Poetry Foundation 

Product Details






Like most of the books I read, this one came from the Surrey Public Library. On the shelf Books We Liked

*This review has been, posted on:
          AmazonGoogle Books, and Goodreads






No comments:

Spirit World