Do you want to live a long, physically healthy and happy life?
Life expectancy - the number of years of life remaining at a given age.
Here are 10 easy ways to increase your life expectancy.
- Get off your ass, and go for a daily walk. A brisk walk three times a week, can basically reverse your physiological age by about ten years. Tests have been done and it's been proven to increase aerobic power, strength and hip flexibility.
- Your body needs Omega fatty acids which lowers the risk of heart attacks, abnormal heart rhythms, stroke, artery-hardening plaques and lower blood pressure. Where do you get Omega-3? Fish. Eat fish a few times a week can possibly cut the risk of a fatal heart attack by about a third. So eat lots of fish.
- There is one group that have the strength of people half their age and that is people who lift weights. Muscle and bone loss can be reversed with lifting weights. The bone doctors studied this phenomenon and found 50 and 60 year old weight lifters that used weights, gained bone density and muscle strength for people half their age.
- You won't believe this, but pets take a person out of depression. Instead of thinking about ourselves, we have pets which takes our minds off our own aches and pains.
- Add supplements to your diet. Vitamin B12 is associated with dementia. A multi-vitamin with folic acid can reduce the risk of colon cancer.
- Quit smoking. Nothing you don't already know. Just quit.
- Read, learn, stimulate your mind. It keeps dementia at bay. Crosswords or Sudoku are a great workout for the mind.
- Be optimistic, and don't get tied up in the small stuff. Worrying gets you no where.
- Make friends and keep them. Being social increases your life span.
- You know how it feels after helping a person, do it more. It's good for the self-esteem. Volunteer.
Find out what your life expectancy is: