|A Diorama, Love is Eternal (Artist:Wendy Van Ginkel)|
I never heard the term 'Diorama' before...
I quickly looked it up in the dictionary and found out it was a three dimensional model, much like those that pop up out of children's books as you turn the pages, almost giving you the illusion of looking through a peephole. An animation special effects set for television or the movies.
This one in particular... my sister made.
She was showing me the pictures, telling me she entered a contest and won under the Best Photographic Composition.
How this particular Diorama is made:
- She had the man prior and thought this was the perfect project for him.
- She pre-built the arbor, one of the stipulations of the contest was to make and use a heart arbor.
- She used lots of loose cotton for clouds
- The headboards are from a miniature brass bed which are used for gates.
- A cut out of an angel from a cross stitch pattern she already had. It was placed doubled over, for the 3D effect, making a shadow behind it.
- The posts are two clay bars with marbles on top.
- First, she folded and glued some card stock together. (the stage)
- Then she wall papered it with paper that she printed from the computer. A picture of clouds and sky.
- Arranged all the stuff.
- Had her husband hold a flash light on the angel, giving it that spiritual halo look.
- Then, she clicked away on her camera.
Beautiful wouldn't you agree? Wait until I show you her doll houses. They're amazing.