Meeting Sasquatches While Camping

The Blue Zone



A longevity, concept. "THE BLUE ZONE" an area of the world where people live to be old and healthy. 


Made popular in the book "Blue Zones written by adventurist, Dan Buettner: Lessons for Living Longer from People who lived the longest. 
Dan Buettner


Where are these Hotspots?


Hotspots are the Islands off Japan, the mountain villages of Italy, the Nicoya Peninsula of Costa Rica, Greece where the highest percentage of 90 year-olds live, and surprisingly a place in California, Loma Linda. 
Where all the Seventh-day Adventists live. Based on all the data gathered, people living in these places live longer. Nearly 1 out of 3 people make it to 90. 20% Lower rates of cancer, 50% Lower rates of heart disease and almost no dementia.
Disability free. Meaning more centenarians, less diseases, and they enjoy more healthy years of life.



Here are some reasons why this occurs

  • Family is put ahead of other concerns and social engagement of all ages
  • Hardly any cigarette smoking
  • Plant-based diet  (Legumes are commonly consumed)
  • Moderate exercise

So...

My family is all back East. I've smoked cigarettes most of my adult life, but no more. I've exchanged that to marijuana, which I seem to smoke like cigarettes. I have no friends, never have. I hate legumes, but eat pork and beans out of the can what seems like daily, and I don't exercise.

I think I'll be packing my bags and moving to Costa Rica. I certainly won't be going to Loma Linda in California.

Or I'll die right here, out of the Blue Zone.

Dog Brindle

For more info visit web site: Blue Zones 





No comments:

What's Trending Right Now