No one belongs here more than you.


Stories by Miranda July
224 Page collection of short stories, released May 15, 2007.
Won the Frank O'Conner International Short Story Award.




Suddenly I have become aware of the short story and am enjoying the genre more and more.

I wanted to like them. I really did. But...

I found most of the stories lacked substance. Sudden thrown in sexual innuendo's don't cut it.

A few I really liked. Such as the first. The Shared Patio. The characters well developed, a good story. It got my curiosity, I had to read on, but frankly most of the other stories, didn't live up to the first one. I tired of them, easily.  Repetitive. Take in small doses! 

Not something you would want to read cover to cover all at once. It's good bathroom material. Read a chapter then get off the pot! 

I'd give this book three stars out of five.


*****


Dog Brindle



Featured Author


Miranda July is an American film director, screenwriter, actress and artist besides a writer of short stories.  She grew up in Berkeley California where she wrote plays and staged them at club Gilman.


Like most of the books, this one came from the Surrey Public Library. It was on the shelf "books we like"


*This review has been, posted on:
          AmazonGoogle Books, and Goodreads









No comments: