Ageing - I've shrunk!



Do People

Shrink as They Age?

Are we becoming vertically challenged as we age.








Okay I'm standing nude, 

In front of a full length mirror, eyeballing my body.
I agree, the visuals are terrifying.


At one time, I was 6 foot, 1/2 inch.  

The mirror 6 foot.

You can see my dilemma, as a teenager.
All I thought was, I didn't fit.
Just one of many things I felt I didn't fit in.  
(detailed in a later blog, 
Titled: Ageing - I can't get this buckled up anymore)


Since those days, (50 years ago)  I've shrunk.

I'm now, 5 foot 9 and 1/2 inches.
I rechecked, standing flat against the door jamb.
Pencil in hand, "Correct!" I said, measuring pulling on the side-rule.

I lost three inches.
Not a disability, but still shrinking none-the-less.  
How far can a person shrink, I thought.
I had fears of disappearing to oblivion, 
An inch at a time.
Did I have Osteoporosis?  
Will I have to change my life style?
I couldn't imagine a life on an inversion machine.

I looked it up!  No, I had nothing to fear.  
On average, they say we all, shrink a 1/4 to 1/3 of an inch, 
A decade at a time. 
Which explains my loss.

I got the pen and pad, along with the calculator, 
Figured out the math and came to this conclusion.  
If I live another twenty years, 
I'll only loose 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch.  

After that, it won't matter, anymore.  
I'll probably be vertically challenged, 
And bed ridden.


How do you feel about yourself shinking?

Leave a comment.


The Incredible (Shrinking)

Dog Brindle



No comments: