Sugar Cube LSD & Peeking



The most realistic rendition of an LSD Trip during peeking .

I was surfing the internet the other day when I came across this gif. 


Someone's depiction of what it looks like when high, peeking on LSD. Which to me isn't too far off!


Could you imagine, 10 or 12 hours of that!  I can, I did it many times. What can I say, I was a rebellious teenager at the time.  This was the late 60's early 70's.

The gif. aroused memories of my early teenage years, experimenting with drugs. In this case, LSD, Lysergic Acid Diethylamide, the psychedelic drug.

"Peeking" is a term used when describing how you feel, at the drugs most intensive time.  When you are at the pinnacle of your trip.  During peeking, colours and sounds, your emotions, your understanding of the world becomes intensified.  The high lasting 10 -12 hours.


A time of free love, Nam, FLQ, Trudeau, Black lib, Women's lib, Gay lib. Mary Jane, Jethro Tull. Janice and Jimmy. 




That was when LSD was pure. A little dab of liquid dropped onto a sugar cube. An elephant tranquilizer compared to an aspirin, nothing like the drugs kids experiment with today.

Luckily, LSD was not addictive, and causes no bad side effects as other drugs such as Crystal Meth and I turned out somewhat normal. 

Or did I?


Those were different times back then. I was young, wild and free.

I can't imagine how I drove! My car full of friends. No seat belts. The speed limit seventy. Me with a lead foot! Higher than a kite.


Dog Brindle




Translate