Foreign Aid ~ Billions of Dollars


When I think of foreign aid, 
one iconic picture 
always comes to mind.
A vulture waiting for a starving child to die.
Taken in March 1993 by Kevin Carter in southern Sudan.

Appearing in The New York Times of that year.

Of course, the child was saved by the photographer.  You can read the whole story here.

I received an e-mail from a seriously distraught senior the other morning.  One of those chain type of letters that play on people's sense of moral rights.

It read:

Someone please tell me what the hell's wrong with all 
the people that run this country !  
Conservative, Liberals & NDP   I question you...
Is Canada so "broke" that we, can't help our own 
Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, Homeless, etc.In the last years we have provided direct cash aid to...


I'm not too sure of the facts but I'll print 

the facts as were sent to me. 

I've added the pictures.






Disaster relief in Haiti
  • Pakistan - 2 B,
  • Libya 1.45 B,
  • Egypt - 397 M,
  • Mexico - 622 M,
  • Russia - 380 M,
  • Haiti - 1.4 B,
  • Jordan - 463 M,
  • Kenya - 816 M,
  • Sudan - 870 M,
  • Nigeria - 456 M,
  • Uganda - 451 M,
  • Congo - 359 M,
  • Ethiopia - 981 M,
  • South Africa - 566 M,
  • Senegal - 698 M,
  • Mozambique - 404 M,
  • Zambia - 331 M,
  • Kazakhstan - 304 M,
  • Iraq - 1.08 B,
  • Tanzania - 554 M,
  with literally Billions of our Dollars 
and they still hate us! 


I sat back contemplating 

that vast amount of money.  

I continued to read...
  
Our retired seniors are living on a 'fixed income' 
and receive little aid.


Nor do they get any breaks 
while our government and religious organizations pour Hundreds of Billions in Cash 
and Tons of Food to Foreign Countries!
While some of our own Canadian born children, 
go to bed hungry.




So I asked the expert on Youtube

(kissmyhairybehind)

That's his handle. Don't blame me.

Canada Doesn't Feed It's Starving

published just recently...



                                      



We have hundreds of adoptable 
children who are shoved aside
to make room for
the adoption of
foreign orphans.

IN CANADA 

A country where we have people on the our streets.
Starving, homeless without shelter, 
children and teens lost souls. 
Our very own elderly, 
and the sick, and the troubled,
going without needed medication and treatment 

YET...

They have 

'Benefit' 

For the people of Haiti
TV stations at their service,
Ships and planes lining up with food, 
water, tents clothes, bedding, doctors 
and medical supplies. 

Imagine if 
the *GOVERNMENT*
gave 'You and I' the same support they give to other countries. 

Sad isn't it?

A government that can't look after it's own.

99% of people won't have the guts to forward this. 

I'm one of the 1% 

I Just Did.



So I did. 

I hate it when someone

 accuses you of having no guts.

Then I think again of the poor children
starving to death in Sudan.

Everyone needs help.
Now and again.




Dog Brindle










No comments: