Chain Letters


CHAIN LETTERS

You've got to hate them,
You can't ignore them,
What are you to do with them?


Answer: Post them to your blog.

I must have received a million Chain Letters in my life.  I've ignored most.  But this one struck a chord with me.

Read Poem First.


Around the
corner I have a friend,
In this great
city that has no end,
Yet the days go
by and weeks rush on,
And before I
know it, a year is gone.
And I never see
my old friends face,
For life is a
swift and terrible race,
He knows
I like him just as well,
As in the days
when I rang his bell.
And he rang
mine but we were younger then,
And now we are
busy, tired men.
Tired of
playing a foolish game,
Tired of trying
to make a name.
'Tomorrow' I
say! 'I will call on Jim
Just to show
that I'm thinking of him.'
But tomorrow
comes and tomorrow goes,
And distance
between us grows and grows.
Around the
corner, yet miles away,
'Here's a
telegram sir,' ' Jim died today.'
And that's what
we get and deserve in the end.
Around the
corner, a vanished friend.

The poem has no title.  I received it via e-mail from one of my contacts.  I was told after reading it to send out to at least five different people.  The more I send it out the more luck I’ll have.

I read the poem again.

I thought of all my friends that have died, that I would see no more.



Sooo.......
Since there are so many warnings, I’ve posted it here on my blog. Hopefully more than five people read it.  I have three hours, then after that, I’m too receive unbelievably good luck.  I’ll let you know if that happens.

I hate Chain Letters.

PS Don’t forget to copy and send to five people. ;)

PSS  I'm going to go hug, Cleo and Patti, and tell them how much I love them.

Dog Brindle






No comments: